Academic year 2011
Original articles (peer-reviewed)
Bril B, Smaers J, Steele J, Rein R, Nonaka T, Dietrich G, Biryukova E, Hirata S, Roux V
Functional mastery of percussive technology in nut-cracking and stone-flaking actions: experimental comparison and implications for the evolution of the human brain.
The Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 367, 59-74.
Kano F, Hirata S, Call J, Tomonaga M
The visual strategy specific to humans among hominids: A study using the gap-overlap paradigm
Vision Research, 51.2348-2355
Myowa-Yamakoshi M, Scola C, Hirata S
Humans and chimpanzees attend differently to goal-directed actions.
Nature Communications, 3: 693 doi: 10.1038/ncomms1695.
Saito A, Hayashi M, Ueno A, Takeshita H
Orientation-indifferent representation in children's drawings
Japanese Psychological Research, Volume 53, Number 4, 1 November 2011 , pp. 379-390(12)
Yamamoto S, Humle T, Tanaka M
Chimpanzees' flexible targeted helping based on an understanding of conspecifics' goals
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Published online before print February 6, 2012
Oral and poster presentations
- HAYAKAWA T, SUGAWARA T, GO Y, UDONO T, HIRAI H, and IMAI (2011) Molecular Evolution of the Bitter Taste Receptor Gene Family in Three Chimpanzee Subspecies. Young Researchers Conference on Evolutionary Genomics, Tokyo, Japan (Poster)
- HAYAKAWA T, SUGAWARA T, GO Y, UDONO T, HIRAI H, and IMAI I (2011) Molecular Evolution of the Bitter Taste Receptor Gene Family in Three Chimpanzee Subspecies. The 5th International Symposium of the Biodiversity and Evolution Global COE project, Kyoto, Japan.
- Michael Seres(2011) Chimpanzee Introductions and Group Formations. The past, the present, with suggestions for the future. The 14th SAGA Symposium November 2011, Kumamoto, Japan
- Suzuki K, UDONO T, Fujisawa M, Tanigawa K, Idani G, Miyamura T and Ishii N. Infection during Infancy and Long Incubation Period of Leprosy: A West African Chimpanzee Shows Signs of Leprosy after 30 Years in Japan. International Union of Microbiological Societies 2011 Congress (XIII International Congress of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology). September 6-10, 2011, Sapporo.
- Yamamoto S (30 September 2011, Kyoto) Nature in Bhutan and its environmental education. Welcome Meeting for The Honorable Chairperson of the National Council of Bhutan and His Delegation.(Oral presentation)．
- Yamamoto S (16 October 2011, Okayama) Evolution of altruism, reciprocity, and cooperation: suggestions from chimpanzees and bonobos. The 27th Annual Meeting of Japanese Society of Population Ecology. Symposium “The evolution of animal societies: generality and specificity of the systems”．(Oral presentation)